- District Youth Lay Servant (YLS) Ministries
Print a print-friendly page
District Youth Lay Servant (YLS) Ministries
Upcoming YLS (Youth Lay Servant) Events
A new Jr. High BLT (Beginning Leadership Training) class will be held at Croswell: First UMC on April 27 and 28, 2013. The cost is $40 for each participant.
The High School YLS (Youth Lay Servant) weekend will be May 3-5, 2013 at Lexington UMC. The cost is $45 for each participant.
What is YLS?
A Youth in Lay Servant Ministry is:
- Eager to serve through the church.
- Well-informed on the scriptures, and the doctrine, heritage organization, and the life of the UMC.
- Committed to witnessing his/her faith through church and community leadership, care giving ministries, and spoken communication.
- Willing to improve his/her skills for service.
- An active, supportive member of a UMC.
A Youth in Lay Speaking Ministry Witnesses to the Christian Faith by:
- Serving in your youth group or on committees in church.
- Serving as a liturgist for worship.
- Helping start a new church school class or Bible Study.
- Witness and serve in school and community.
- Welcomes newcomers.
- Organized and working in outreach ministries.
- Reaching out in love in times of crisis.
- Providing services for persons challenges before them.
- Sharing the gospel one-on-one.
- Interpreting conference and general church programs
- Leading devotions for the church and community.
- Pulpit supply.
- Teaching Church School.
You are ready to become a Lay Servant if:
- You are ready to share your faith.
- You are willing to go wherever and whenever God calls you.
- You will commit your time and energy to the service of your neighbor.
- You desire to share God’s Love!